Understanding Hospice Care
Here at Horizons Hospice, our team of hospice professionals provide care and support for our patients with life-limiting illnesses.If you or a loved one are considering hospice care, here are a few important facts to keep in mind:
- Hospice care focuses on caring, not curing.
- Our hospice staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We have an on-call nurse available to answer calls after hours.
- Our hospice service can be provided in the comfort of your own home, in an assisted living facility, or a skilled nursing facility.
- Choosing Horizons Hospice as your hospice care provider in Houston does not mean you have to change physicians. As a hospice patient, you may choose to keep your primary physician.
- Our hospice services go beyond medical. In addition to required hospice medical benefits, we also provide spiritual and emotional support to both the patient & the patient’s family.
- Our hospice team offers grief and bereavement services to family members to help them adjust to the loss of their loved ones.
Get a Free In-Home Consultation
Have a question? Interested in learning more?
We are here to help. Contact our team today for more information.